The purpose of FSAP, according to its bylaws, is to:
- Cooperate with NAP and promote the principles of parliamentary law;
- Promote the study of parliamentary procedure and the educational programs of NAP;
- Bring into closer cooperation the parliamentarians of the State of Florida;
- Promote educational, literary, and professional purposes of studying and teaching parliamentary law;
- Further the interest in and the teaching of parliamentary procedure in schools at all levels; and
- Be of service to the assembly life of Florida in promoting a better understanding of parliamentary procedure.